Content in Excerpt-Macros is not properly displayed in the exported PDF, Line-breaks are ignored in the exports (see attached screenshot)
To reproduce you can use the following code:
Enter manual line-breaks in your Confluence page before the excerpt macro
We have about 300 pages that use the excerpt macro to fill a table of documented software functions. We didn't use the workaround until now. If we insert the additional linebreak now, we have to remove it again after the bug is fixed
Perhaps we will script it with Python using the XML-RPC interface.
This is caused by the excerpt macro doing weird things to its content:
The first line is returned as standalone text data whereas subsequent lines are returned in proper paragraph tags.
Our exporters merged the standalone text with the previous paragraph, but without adding a linebreak or whitespace.
I've changed this part to add a linebreak which restores the visual appearance that browsers apply in such cases.